SOFiE - Safe Online File Exchange
It is our pleasure to present you our SAFE SOLUTION with an above-standard security level – SOFiE – an application to exchange files of any size and type. We offer you a reliable solution with high security for receiving and sending files both inside a company and outside for communicating with other entities. SOFiE will significantly increase the protection to a level very difficult to achieve when using other file exchange solutions, like e-mail or FTP server for example. Simply put, SOFiE is the most secure way to exchange confidential information online.
Example of the SOFiE application usage inside a company
The application supports GDPR
SOFiE stores audit logs of all activities, including user log in, log out, file upload, file download and others.
Compliant with NÚKIB recommendations
SOFiE includes security technologies and processes that help fulfill the recommendations for administrators.
Integration of SOFiE and Sandbox
Integration of Sofie and 2element (MFA)
Integrated file protection
using anti-virus engines and Sandboxes, which detect Zero-Day threats.
- users need only a web browser (no plugins or other software required for clients)
Adjustable file lifetime (automatic removal of files based on a user's or administrator's setting)
Support for encrypting files in the application store - "encryption at rest"
The application includes an API for integration
into third-party applications.
Support for one-time and regular data integrity checks
to detect possible file corruption.
Problems with e-mail attachments
Attachment size problem:
Most e-mail servers limit the size of attachments to less than a 50 MB (often even 5 MB or 10 MB). E-mail communication is therefore not suitable for exchange of large documents, which often exceed these size limits for attachments.
Attachment blocking problem:
The security nowadays often requires using highly restrictive policies for attachments allowed in e-mails. Such policies for example block executable files, documents containing macros and even archives containing such files.
The SOFiE application enables you to safely send and receive files, which are problematic in e-mail communication. Files can be analyzed by a SandBox (protection from zero-day threats).
Safe Online File Exchange
Logs and alerts
Active directory Single Sign-On
Internal users with login
Reporting and auditing
MFA authentication (FIDO2, TOTP)
Defined administrator roles
Backup and external storage
SSL / TLS certificates
API (other integration options)
The SOFiE application allows you to securely receive and send files that are problematic in e-mail communication. Files are analyzed by SandBox (protection against zero-day attacks)
- Support for encrypting folders on the server „encryption at rest".
- Transferred data are encrypted using SSL / TLS by default.
- Option to enable two-factor authentication (MFA - FIDO2 and TOTP).
- Single sign-on integration (SSO) with ADFS providers.
- Support for one-time and regular data integrity checks.
- Support for password policies, including prevention of the use of known leaked passwords.
- Spam protection (CAPTCHA).
- Login restrictions from certain ranges of allowed IP addresses.
- Logging of all system activities.
- Option to export logs to remote syslog for external processing (SIEM support).
- Antivirus scanning of all files by default.
- Optional inspection of files by a sandboxing engine (zero-day malware).
Security of the application is tested and verified by penetration testing by NETHEMBA corporation.
Platform and deployment
- Application SOFiE can be deployed:
- locally in the customer's environment (ON-PREMISE)
- Virtualization options: VMWare, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V.
- Option to install on the customer's physical server (RHEL, CentOS, Rocky Linux)
- in the cloud environment
- Application can be deployed in a form of a virtual appliance with operating system and all necessary software components already built in.
- Possibility to run the application on a public cloud: AWS, Azure, DigitalOcean and others.
NEW VERSION SOFiE 2.2
- Closed environment - secure and controlled file transfer between a separate part of the network and others (i.e. according to defined IP ranges).
- Cooperative packages - possibility to add "contributors" among recipients as additional editors of the package. Useful for the joint work of several users or better substitutability.
- Support for e-mail aliases for users.
- Improvements in the feature for approving sending of packages (also called the 4 eyes mode).
- Briefcase - easy sending of packages "to myself".
Important references of SOFiE application
“Thanks to the deployment of SOFiE, we have achieved a very pleasant and secure data sharing with external users. At the same time, we can enforce and audit security sharing policies.”
Subscribe to newsletter